Hot off the press
By Allison Mobley
If you would like to learn more about legendary Senegalese filmmaker Ousmane Sembène, you will want to read The Films of Ousmane Sembène: Discourse, Politics, and Culture. Written by Dr. Amadou Fofana, chair of the French Department at Willamette University (and CFAF Committee member), the book examines the artistry of Sembène’s films as well as the codes and symbols he uses throughout them.
To order the book at a 30% discount, visit the Cambria Press website .
Register, sign in, search for the book title, and then add it to your shopping cart. On the shopping cart page, enter the coupon code “ASA1218” and click “Go.” The price will update to show the discount and you can proceed to checkout.
December 2012 Newsletter
- Rewind: Looking Back at the 22nd Cascade Festival of African Films
- Behind the Scenes
- Fast Forward: 23rd Festival Opens with a Focus on the African Diaspora in the Caribbean
- Tax Deductible Friendship
- CFAF Classics are available at PCC year round
- Hot off the press
- 23rd CFAF Dedicated to the Memory of Harold Williams